- These specials are not for newborns under eight (8) weeks old and NO groups over 5. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Dogs are not allowed unless noted otherwise on the scheduling page. Some sites do not allow them and other sites are not good for them.
- Sessions are limited to 5 people, no more. This means, if you bring a 6th, they are there to help and will not be in ANY photos. Helpers are awesome. Please don’t ask for your helper to be in a photo and make it awkward for all of us.
- It is not allowed to book two mini shoot appointments back to back OR combine mini shoots with another family to get extended family photos, that is a portrait session . IF there is confusion, please email and ask before you book. Should you force this issue and bring more than 5, you will need to either (a) pay the full upgrade fee for a Hey Jude package (price sheet), still only 20 minutes and your photo edits will be delayed, (b) choose 5 and continue your mini shoot, (c) forfeit your session time, no refund or exchange.
Terms & Conditions:
- All weather shoots unless there is severe wind, snow, or rain… cancellation sent by me via email or text the morning of our shoot. Be sure I have your current cell number and an email address you can check from home. (more detail below)
- Shoot times are 20 minutes maximum (they can be less sometimes, don’t freak out). I do not shoot continuously for 20 minutes. At the end of your session, please do not ask for one more shot. If you need more time please book a full portrait session.
- This seems obvious but, do not take pictures while I am taking pictures. People, especially cute young people, do not know where to look and it takes away from your mini shoot. You will get the images so there is no need to do this.
- Your session must be before December 6th to get your images back for in time for the Christmas holiday.
- Printing: If you do not print with Rendition Studios, I can not help with ANY printing related work.
- Editing and Archiving: I do not save original files from mini shoots and there are no additional edits or processing changes (color or BW, or style) available for mini shoots. It does not matter how much I like you. Should you want that freedom, check out a portrait session and you can go nuts with additional edits. For mini shoots, what you see online is what you get. Expect to see a mix of color and black and white images in your online gallery.
- While your friends photos are awesome and yes, I also love pinterest… do not email me photos you would like to imitate. If you have a strong idea about the photo you would like, you should book a portrait session where we have more time to coordinate and I can bring the right equipment. That would be fun.
Weather/RS Cancellation: Should the day be overcast and cold, the shoot is still a go (this is great for lighting). The only reasons I will cancel are severe wind, ongoing snow or rain ~ plan to be there no matter what. If there is questionable weather please check your email in the morning, if there is no email from me assume we are still shooting. Client Cancellations: No refunds or exchanges for future shoots. If you need to cancel after your fee has been paid, regardless of the reason (sickness, etc.), your money is not refunded and is not put to another, future photo shoot. These sessions fill up fast and the time was held for you. The best thing you can do is send someone else in your place and come next time 🙂
Can I change my Mini Shoot to a Portrait Shoot: If you have booked a Mini Shoot and have read over the terms and conditions… and would prefer to switch to a Portrait session, give me a call (a week or more before your mini shoot day and time) and we can credit your payment towards a future Portrait Session. The Portrait Session must be booked and completed within 4-6 weeks of your initial mini shoot date or you will lose your full payment. For more information on the difference between a Mini Shoot and a Portrait Session, click here and read on.
Booking: Click here to book your mini shoot