4/15 Union Station (outside)
4/24 Mt. Falcon
——- More 2022 Dates to Come ——-
READ Terms, Conditions, and Exclusions below before booking... no refunds or exchanges. Click the booking option to book directly online. Only pick these dates. IF YOU DON’T SEE ANY OPTIONS ON THESE DATES, Email me. If booking doesn’t work, email me. This is a new system and it can be a little quirky.
These affordable 20 minute photoshoots are offered outside throughout the year at locations all across Colorado. Mini Shoots are an opportunity for me to try new poses, test out new locations and see clients on at a reduced fee. Specials include all edited images sent online through direct download. There are NO client cancellations, refunds or exchanges. Mini shoots are all booked online. Minis are for babies over 8 weeks old, small families with under 5 members, individuals and couples.
$225 Booking Fee. All mini shoots include standard resolution JPG files. Images are lightly edited and sent via direct download link (zipped file). Files are released for personal print and online use. JPS files are limited to 5 MB maximum file size, 8×10 max print size. Print any larger and the image will start to pixelate and lose quality. Upgrade to full resolution files for an additional fee.
- $25 Maximum Resolution (no compression): HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – For the most rich colors, depth in blacks/whites/greys and more flexibility when printing and cropping. Should you chose NOT to upgrade, quality prints should be limited to 8×10 and smaller, and should not be cropped.
- $50 USB or Photo disc
- $25 Plus one. Up to 5 people included, add one more if needed. NO more than 6.
- $50 Commercial Release (per image). Should you plan on using these images for commercial marketing or business not owned by you or yours, you must buy an additional copyright release.
- These specials are not for newborns under eight (8) weeks old.
- Sessions are only for groups of 5 people or less. There is an option for PLUS ONE for an additional fee, you can select this PLUS ONE when booking. If you bring a 7th, they are there to help and will not be in ANY photos. Bring a 6th you did not pay for and they are not in photos. Helpers are awesome. Please don’t ask for your helper to be in a photo and make it awkward for all of us.
- Please email and ask before you bring your Dog to a mini shoot. Some sites do not allow them and other sites are not good for our four legged friends.
- It is not allowed to book two mini shoot appointments back to back OR combine mini shoots with another family to get extended family photos, that is a small group session. IF there is any confusion, please email and ask before you book. Should you force this issue and bring more than 5 or the plus one option, you will need to either (a) pay the full upgrade fee for a Small Group Session, still only 20 minutes and your photo edits will be delayed, (b) choose 5 and continue your mini shoot, (c) forfeit your session time, no refund or exchange.
Terms & Conditions:
- Sessions are non refundable.
- All weather shoots unless there is severe wind, snow, or rain… cancellation sent by me via email or text the morning of our shoot. Be sure I have your current cell number and an email address you can check on the go.
- Shoot times are 20 minutes maximum (they can be less sometimes, don’t freak out). I do not shoot continuously for 20 minutes. If you need more time please book a full session.
- 2 week turnaround time is typical. Your session must be before December 6th to get your images back for in time for the Christmas holiday (unless otherwise noted on the booking page).
- Printing: If you do not print with Rendition Studios, I can not help with ANY printing related work.
- Editing and Archiving: For mini shoots, what you see online is what you get. Expect to see a mix of color and black and white images in your online gallery. I do not save original RAW files from mini shoots and there are no additional edits or processing changes (color or BW, or style) available for mini shoots. It does not matter how much I like you. Should you want that freedom, check out a full portrait session and you can go nuts with additional edits.
What can I expect? I bring two cameras and use what is on site. I shoot in whatever weather we have, short of ongoing rain, snow or aggressive wind. I do not bring studio equipment, additional lenses, reflectors or backdrops. I also don’t bring props but you are more than welcome to. My style is to suggest poses and shoot as the groupings come together naturally. I encourage you to interact with each other and occasionally look my way. I will shoot and move to a new spot to give you some variety and keep the kids engaged.
What happens after my session is over? I make some photographer chosen edits and then images are uploaded to your online gallery. What you see in the online gallery is what you get, there are no additional edits or color changes available for these shoots. If you upgrade and buy a USB, they are mailed following the online gallery upload, 2-3 weeks after your session.
Where am I going? An exact location map will be emailed to you the week prior to your mini shoot. This is so I can walk the site and make sure there is no last minute construction or unpublished event at the location. I also do not publish the exact sites so that we can keep some of these gems just for us. Most locations are natural backdrops but some are industrial, urban/city, country, or a mix of things.
What happens when I arrive? You will first sign a simple contract/model release, I will ask you a few questions and then we will start.
How many images can I expect? Anywhere between 30-100 images in your image set. How many images you get will largely depend on how your session goes and what images turn out. Each one is different.
Can I reschedule? No. These sessions are non refundable, no matter the reason. The best option is to offer your spot to a friend and try again at a later date. No refunds or credits for future shoots. These sessions fill up fast and the time was held for you.
What happens if it is bad weather on shoot day? If there is questionable weather please check your email in the morning, if there is NO email from me assume we are still shooting. Please reply saying you received the email. I will cancel for severe wind, ongoing snow or rain. Make sure I have your cell phone number in case of a last minute cancellation. Fast moving storms happen and occasionally I have to cancel on-location. In that instance I will try to text you and follow up later with an email. Please know my goal is to shoot but I don’t want to ruin my equipment. Should the day be overcast and cold, the shoot is still a go (this is great for lighting). I will give you an opportunity to reschedule, put your fee towards another session type or refund your money.
How can I be sure I will get all the shots I want? There are no guarantees but the best thing to do is communicate your priorities. If your first photo hope is “portraits of your daughter” then a “family portrait”, let me know and I will do my best to fit it all in and make them great. If you have a list of specific shots, you bring pinterest examples or you have brought a bunch of prints examples of shots you like, you are most likely suited more for a full portrait session where you will have more time to make your session a success.
What should I bring? Often you need nothing at all! Should you want to bring things, bring only items you can carry or put in a stroller, we will shoot and move. Wipes, drinks, snacks, noise makers. Some spots will involve you leaving the stroller and walking. The most successful sessions are the ones that we KEEP SIMPLE. Time will fly by and stuff management is a huge part of it.
Do you edit the images? Yes. I make a few passes to edit the color, crop, composition and sometimes add natural filters. A select few might end up black and white. Because of the reduced rate, I do not open photoshop to do any detailed retouching for mini shoots. Food on your children’s faces will show so please do a final check (including those wonderful nostrils) before you leave the house.
What if my kid (or animal) does not do well? Once again, communicate your priorities, if your child falls apart, it is good to know what you want most so I can focus on that right away. Manage your expectations, not every Mini Shoot is going to be amazing. If your children struggle and your mini shoot does not go as well as you had hoped, please don’t give up. Sometimes it takes the full 20 minutes to get your children into it and then we are done. Sometimes it takes more than one session for them to get into the rhythm of the mini shoot and get used to me. Time of year, weather, what they are wearing, how well rested and fed they are… it all matters.
What if I only need one shot for a headshot, LinkedIN profile? Great. We have up to 20 minutes but can stop after one photo if you like.
Will my images be used in online posts and Rendition Studios marketing? Yes. One reason these sessions are priced as they are is so I can use them to market certain sites, certain aspects of a photoshoot and generally show off how awesome my clients are. If you want to do another session type instead, there is an option to NOT use your photos online.
I am signed up for a baby only mini shoot, what does that mean? The space and the camera lenses I will have chosen are intended to focus on your little one, only. Should your child really struggle, you might have to pop into make the shots to help make your child happy, but you will not be the focus. Please feed and change your baby shortly before you arrive. Do not over do it with props, there is simply not time. These sessions are best for little ones who are not yet walking.
Can I bring my newborn? Unless it is specified as a baby only mini shoot where newborns are allowed, you can not bring a baby under 8 weeks old to a mini shoot. These sessions are all weather and non-refundable (no matter the reason) so these sessions are not the best option for the little loves. Schedule a newborn shoot at your home or wait a few weeks when they are stronger and can go longer without needed a change or feed.
What if I AM running late? I think it will be OK, but try not to. Sessions are booked back to back all day and any delay will cut into your time. It is best to arrive early, get situated and be ready before your time so you are in a relaxed mood, you would not believe how quickly 20 minutes can pass! Sessions are non refundable and are not rescheduled due to punctuality.
What should we wear? The best way to decide what look you like is to cruise around and see what you like. I recommend you wear complimentary clothing colors and textures but avoid matching outright. Check out my Pinterest board and page for more tips.
Can I take pictures during the mini shoot? This seems obvious but, NO. Do not take pictures while I am taking pictures. People, especially cute young, little people, do not know where to look and it takes away from your mini shoot. You will get the images so there is no need to do this and it will largely take away from what you have already paid for.
What forms of payment does Rendition Studios take? I use the Stripe payment processing system for online bookings. Should you need or prefer to pay with venmo, PayPal, check or cash, email and let me know and I can add you from my end when payment is received.
Can I change my Mini Shoot to a Small Group Session? If you have booked a Mini Shoot and have read over the terms and conditions… and would prefer to switch to a Portrait session, give me a call (a week or more before your mini shoot day and time) and we can credit your payment towards a future Small Group Session. These must be booked and completed within 8 weeks of your initial mini shoot date or you will lose your full payment.