Smash Cake Photography Session ($300)
These sessions are really fun. My goal is to give you a variety of shots that capture this experience in your child’s life. The hesitation to start into the cake, the attempt at silverware, the move to hands, the face reaction when they taste the cake and the fun when they get their hands all in. Some kids go at it right away and some need some coaching and encouragement. It is fun to grab a before and after shot. Should you or your immediate family want to jump in a shot at the beginning that is OK (10 minutes tops) but I encourage you to keep your session simple to get the most quality out of the shots. It can take a little while for baby to get into the cake and when they do it is best to allow time for the true smash cake fun to happen.
- All edited images, yours to keep and print how you choose.
- Up to 30 minute session time
- Direct Download
- A mix of color, black and white, and artistically styled digital JPG images
- Online Image Gallery and Slideshow
- Photographer chosen editing (includes: exposure, tone, crop and color adjustments – limited photoshop)
- Online Professional Photography Products from the Rendition Studios Store.
- Smash Cake
- Please give 24 hours notice when rescheduling.
- USB or DVD backup. $50
- Retouching. $2/minute. Available for 14 days after you receive your session images.
- Travel. 20 miles from me is included. $2/mile after that, billed round trip.
- Additional Time. $400/hour
Timing. Most Smash Cake sessions are scheduled to celebrate your child turning one as these sessions go best before your child is walking. That being said, book this anytime you want to celebrate.
Locations. We can do the shoot just about anywhere but I typically shoot outdoors at Cheeseman Park in the pavilion building. Home Smash Cake sessions are also encouraged as long as you are up for the mess!
Is this the same fee if part of a birthday party? No. Birthday parties have more coverage time and require more shots so they are billed as hourly, event photography. See pricing page for more info.
I will bring the cake, stand, spoon, wipes and cleanup supplies. Any dietary needs or preferences please let me know a week or more in advance. What should you bring? Things to personalize the Smash Cake setup. Party hat, birthday outfit, balloons (huge bouquet), banners, stuffed animal friends that could sit beside your child as they eat the cake.
Questions? Email Laurie Callahan OR call 720-560-1611.